Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Every Ten Years I Bowl; Can't Help It

We returned to Grand Central Bowl at their official opening time. The place was full of people getting ready for a private event in the evening. We had to move lanes a few times and ignore workmen. We were the only people bowling, however.
Julie Skinner liked the dog picture. Artwork was shown on the large screen above our pins. If anyone sees a piece they like they can look the artist up in a book and contact them about purchasing it.

We got some free beers because we had to put up with people setting up for a big event that evening. They were having a fashion show fundraiser there. I grumbled to a woman nearby that we should at least get food or free beers. She said she worked for Henry Weinhart and would get us whatever we wanted. She was helping coordinate the set-up apparently. I ordered my favorite - Hefeweizen and Julie had an Amber Ale, I think. They do have a nice restaurant in front and it was busy. We had planned on having lunch there, but since we ate at the Grand Jette nearby, we were full.


Notice that we had changing artwork on the screen in front of us. We could have had any TV channel we wished. So, if you bowl when your favorite team is playing, you can do both.


Not your average bowling alley lighting....
Okay, we weren't so hot. I got a big 58. Julie Skinner got the 100. Do you think all my gutter balls had something to do with my score??
Julie wanted to crack 100, but she did reach 100. So, we toasted her win!