Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Tried Sinju Restaurant in the Neighborhood

We had had a busy Sunday and Robert decided to take me to Sinju Restaurant which I have avoided because I don't care for sushi. They have a website but most of what we ordered it not on their website menu, which I have found true for many restaurants. It is easier to change a real menu than one on a web. If I go to another Japanese restaurant it will be Biwa. Read a review here.

My cocktail had green tea and mint in it, which is all I could taste, and I do like mint; however, it was too sweet.



This appetizer for Robert was tasty with a cream sauce, onions, and seafood.
We both were served a little salad which was mostly iceberg lettuce. It was slightly tricky eating with chopsticks. No picture.

Robert liked his choice of a wheat udon noodle soup bowl. They placed tempura shrimp on top of it.



I always enjoy miso soup. It came with my entree. It is hard to mess up this.

Sinju Combinations 20
Served with salad, miso soup and rice

Select any three from the following:
Chicken teriyaki (katsu)
Beef teriyaki (steak)
Tempura
Tonkatsu Gintara (black cod)
Saba (mackerel) shioyaki
Salmon teriyaki (miso salmon)


I found an entree (see above) that wasn't sushi. There were more choices on the menu, but I didn't know how to read it well enough. I picked for this plate: tempura, which I enjoyed, chicken teriyaki, (I should have know better. It is just grilled chicken with a sweet teriyaki sauce that I didn't care for), nice fruit (I felt it was to cleanse my palate, Robert thought it was my dessert), black cod (didn't like the taste, texture or bones).


I've GOT to read my book on how to photograph food, not to mention the instructions for my new camera.....