Thursday, November 6, 2008

Stick 'Em Up

October 22, Mary Shaw and I went through the Portland Police Museum inside the Justice Center on SW 2nd Ave. We saw law enforcement exhibits with artifacts from the 1800's to the present.

I desperately needed by police hat. In the afternoon I got my hair done! Cops probably don't wear candy corn ear rings. Not regulation, I bet.

You can tell Mary likes the idea of this for her next vocation. Working in a middle school has many similarities....

Mobile fingerprint lab of old.

Here I am on a 1972 Portland Police Harley Davidson with sidecar.

Look at Mary's stripes!
These mug shots are of the same woman who in ten years time ravaged her face from meth use.



Police work is tiring and makes you hungry, so we walked to Veritable Quandary. I had the borscht and Mary had the salad with figs, apple and goat cheese. I am going to give up on my quest for borscht as good as the soup I had in Sitka, AK. I ain't happening.... I couldn't even find a beet in this one, plus it had too much vinegar. I am now forced to make it myself.