Monday, November 24, 2008

Dinner with Dale and Mary at 50 Plates


Dale and Mary Davis came up from Salem to see our condo and took us out to dinner . I selected 50 Plates, which is the new restaurant in our neighborhood. There is a sampling of small plates or larger entrees from various USA regions, not all fifty states. In the entry way is a map of the United States made of license plates....
Each couple shared a salad.

Mary and Robert both ordered the Carpetbagger Stack - pan-friend oysters, filet medallions, warm "steak sauce".

I don't remember what Dale had, but it looks good.

I loved my Shrimp & Grits - creole ragout with tasso and tomato.
I don't know why we can't control this , but we always manage to take a look see at the dessert menu when we eat out. Of course, then we order. Robert ordered the S'more Fondu - house made grahams, molten marshmallow, Vahirona hot fudge. I ate just as much as he did. He needed my help.